Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main steps when using the app?
- Use the app in a quiet room
- Remove any phone case/shell/cover (the iPhone needs to touch your skin to be able to pick up the sounds)
- Put the phone in Airplane Mode
- Start the app and place the iPhone on your tummy to listen for a clear sound. You may need to try a few different spots. Press "Record" to create a recording
How many weeks pregnant before I use the app?
20 weeks or more
Loud humming noise when phone placed on body
Make sure that you have removed the phone cover before placing the phone on your body.
Can you detect the baby heart rate?
No. This app is NOT a medical device. The My Baby Heart Sounds app is only designed to be used as a sound sensor by using the iPhone's microphone to help you listen for and record the sounds of your baby.
Any tips to get familiar using the app?
Get comfortable and familiar with the app by listening to your own heart sounds. Use the iPhone on your chest/sternum/clavicle to pick up your heart sounds.
- The My Baby Heart Sounds app is NOT a Medical Device or application. It is NOT in any way suitable for medical opinion, advice or diagnosis, and it is NOT intended to provide any information about the person of use's wellbeing or health.
- The app does NOT backup recordings automatically outside the user's device. It is the user's responsibility to regularly backup their recordings.
How do I cancel my purchase or request a refund?
If you are using an Apple device, for refunds, you need to contact Apple directly. We do not control transactions as these are made directly between you and Apple. Here is a link from Apple on how to request refunds: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084